Pages

Sunday, February 9, 2014

George Washington ~ Inspiration for Us All

George Washington was a leader of character.  While serving on Grand Jury duty this fall, I passed by this quote that is inspiring.  As we approach February 22, George Washington's birthday, we can use Washington's words to teach character to our students.
George Washington's Thoughts About Serving

I created a great set that I am offering on TpT that I think is an incredible resource for teachers.  I spent a week living on the grounds of George Washington's Mount Vernon estate during the Mount Vernon Teachers' Institute.  While there, I took over 500 photos and compiled and captioned the best into a slideshow so students can see his estate.  My week living on our first president's estate was life changing.
A Great Way to Reinforce Multiplication and Addition!
I also think teaching area and perimeter is an excellent way to reinforce not only multiplication and division (area), but addition and subtraction (the perimeter portion).  And it's WAY more fun!

I am working to create new materials that help teach more about George Washington and his character. There is a reason George Washington was the only U.S. President to receive every electoral vote!

Teach history!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...