Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

TpT Conference Fun in Vegas 2014

For those of you TpT'ers who were unable to attend the TpT Conference in Las Vegas a few days ago . . . we missed you!

Participants were able to attend four sessions put on by an amazing team of TpT seller-speakers.

Here are a few photos of our trip to Vegas.  My daughter and I were there Thursday evening to Monday morning and we had an absolute blast!  

On our first night we wandered around the Venetian Palazzo and found Carlo's Bake Shop.  We also went down the strip to Paris Hotel and stopped in at the Sugar Factory (so delicious).  

On our second day we spent all day at the TpT conference. Yes, we both attended sessions and shared what we learned.  WHAT A BLAST!  

On the third day we spent some time hanging out and shopping on the strip and we also went and saw Cirque Du Soleil's Ka. 

The last day we spent some time at the Palazzo pool but the heat drove us out, too.  Luckily the hotel shaded the pool until about noon.  We then spent some time gambling (only $20 each, losing more than that scares me lol) at the Wynn and Treasure Island.  We also saw Cirque Du Soleil's Mystere that night which was FABULOUS.  It is a must see.  Those people are so incredibly talented!
I have also linked up with A Burst of First for this post!  Head on over to check out other great take-away points from Vegas!

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting these Heather! I was wishing I could be a fly on the wall at the conference! I love seeing what you are up to and feel so lucky to tap into all of your experiences in the classroom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you can attend next years conference!! There is so much to learn. I am glad that you are benefitting from my experiences! I love sharing what I know and have learned in hope of making others lives a little easier! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad I came across your blog! It sounds like you had a wonderful time in Vegas at the conference. I really enjoyed reading your top 25 tips! Thank you so much for sharing! I already know of some changes I need to make! It sounds like you did so many fun things while you were there too! I love going to all of the hotels and the cirque du soleil shows! They are always so entertaining! I look forward to reading more of your posts! Thanks again for your insight!

    Tricks of the Trade in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea,
      I am so glad you found the tips helpful! My goal is to help as many teachers as possible, because our jobs are hard enough as it is. I am still working on implementing some of the things I learned at the conference, but in due time (there are just never enough hours in the day! I am also your newest Facebook follower! I look forward to staying in touch!

      Isn't Vegas a fun place?! My daughter and I LOVED the Wynn hotel lobby, The Sugar Factory Restaurant, and Mystere the most! :)
      - Heather

      Delete
  3. I'm counting down until Vegas next year!! :) What a helpful post!!! :) Loved meeting you, too!
    Smiles - Lisa
    Growing Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry to have missed Vegas this year but I hope to be there next if my schedule allows. I am so grateful you have shared what you learned. It gives me a new burst of energy to update my store and work more on blogging. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan! I'm glad to help out. That's what it's all about! :) How cool is it that you're teaching in Dubai? I have cousins living there as well.

      Delete
    2. Small world! Have you been able to come out here to visit your cousins? I highly recommend coming just once - it's a lifetime experience for sure! I actually live a little over an hour from Dubai in a town called Al Ain. But the UAE is so small I am fortunate to be able to go to Dubai almost weekly (the in-laws need to see their first grandchild). :) Unfortunately my "district" is not part of Dubai so I can't teach there. *sigh*
      Teaching Doodles

      Delete
    3. I know! It's that six degrees of separation at work! I haven't been to Dubai but know it would be an incredible experience. My cousins have been there years when they only expected to be there a few. :)

      Delete
    4. I know the feeling! I was only going to do my two year contract but then I met my husband in the first year and that two year contract was renewed. Who knows now how long I'll stay!
      Teaching Doodles

      Delete
  5. You have shared amazing blog with us!! Well, I have never heard before about TpT Conference. But, I am sure you all enjoyed this conference. I would love to join your next conference. So, Can you send me all details of meeting room?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...