Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Math Vocabulary Poster Sets Help Students Learn the Language of Math

I'm linking up with The Teaching Tribune's Two For Tuesday and that means 50% off for you today on not TWO products, but THREE!
I absolutely LOVE teaching math!  Math is FUN if students understand the basics like what the words mean.  Never take for granted that students know the most basic of words.  One year I discovered words that I thought were "no brainers" like row or column were mixed up by many of my 4th graders. OH MY GOSH.  I was shocked!   From that moment on, I knew that I needed to directly teach math vocabulary and the payoff always came during testing when students made incredible gains and their confidence soared.

I created math vocabulary posters for grades 3, 4, and 5 in kid language with examples.  The poster sets are readable from across the room and are a permanent fixture in my classroom.  We refer to the definitions ALL THE TIME.

The posters are totally aligned to the Common Core Math standards and are identified by domain to help you keep them organized.  A student "The Vocabulary of Math" book is also included so students can write about the word, draw an example, and use the word in a math problem.


Enjoy teaching the language of math!  For great teacher online links to web resources, check out my online Teacher's File Cabinet!  For learning websites for students, visit the Student Section of my classroom website!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! A lot of work went into these! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Juliet! I spent four months researching the standards and writing definitions students could understand. :) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Learning new words have always been burdensome for many students, as it is an abstract skill. Therefore, just learning new words without keeping it in the memory will put all your efforts in vain. So visit https://vocabmonk.com for learning new words with thematic learning with personalized sessions. Stay connected

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...