The daily practice converting a fraction to a decimal and percent was SO helpful and my fourth grade students! They really understood how to change fractions into decimals and decimals into percents because they'd practiced the skill every day.
These SMART Board sign ins are great to use attendance as an excuse to talk about math. Let's use the example above. You can ask questions like:
* What do you notice about the students who like M&M's and Skittles? (They both have 7 students each).
* What type of candy was the favorite of the girls? (Skittles - it had 5 girl votes)
* How many more students like Reese's than None of These? (3 more students)
* How many girls are here today? (4 + 5 + 2 + 1 = 12 girls)
* How many boys are here today? (3 + 2 + 4 + 2 = 11 boys)
* How many students sign in today in all? (7 + 7 + 6 + 3 = 23 students)
* If you add the students who liked M&M and Reese's together, how many votes is that? (7 + 6 = 13)
You get the idea! The questions you can ask are endless!
What you see here is set 1 (of 3). Set 1 has 12 weeks (60 days) of sign-in questions with student recording sheets. Set 1 is the themed for back to school get to know you, Halloween, Thanksgiving an Christmas. I also included a quick way to make the student names using the template in the set and you'll only do this once for the whole year.
I'm going to be working on making sets 2 & 3 soon. They will be themed for the other holidays plus there'll be themes for Dr. Seuss' Read Across America, Geography, Valentines, Super Bowl, Easter, St. Patrick's, Earth Week, Book Genres, Genetic Traits, Olympics, etc.
Check it out! I've got it on sale through Tuesday.
Sneak some math into YOUR attendance!