Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Currently: November What's On My Mind

Hey everyone!  I'm linking up with Farley over at Oh Boy Fourth Grade for this month's Currently.
Listening:  I love listening to Pandora while I sew!  I love the wide variety of music I can listen to while I'm sewing a custom water bottle holder for my backpack.  The weight of the water bottle pulls the backpack down over my zipper pocket so I decided to fix that problem once and for all!  I made a simple bag that hooks onto the sides of my pack and the water bottle just slips inside now.  Easy!
Loving:  I have to say, we’re lucky to get to live in paradise here in Central Oregon!  We have the Cascade Mountain Range at our doorstep and miles and miles of gorgeous hikes, rivers, and lakes to explore.  This is a photo taken a week ago at Clear Lake, in Central Oregon.
Thinking:  I’m thinking about how excited I am that this Thanksgiving our family get together will be at our house.  We’re going to use Pioneer Woman’s turkey brine recipe (it's soooo good!) and then we’re going to Traeger the turkey.  Yum!

Wanting:  I’ll so miss having Hillary, our daughter, home for Thanksgiving this year but she’s at Physical Therapy grad school in Maine and will be home soon for Christmas.  Also, Elgie, my sister in law is working in the Philippines so we’ll miss her, too.
Needing:  I always need more time to do all the things on my to-do list!  My list gets longer and longer.

Reading:  I'm scouring all of the magazines my mom has given me for great recipes for Thanksgiving.  I want to do some traditional recipes and then try some new ones.
Thanks to Farley for hosting this fun Linky!  It's fun to blog hop and meet you all!  Be sure to say hi!

P.S.  If you're in need of an organized website to send your students to learning links for lots of subjects, feel free to use and link to my classroom website.  There's goodies there for teachers, too!  :)

13 comments:

  1. I love to do crafty stuff like that, water bottle holder sounds neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Amy. I just took a few pics of the bag I made to hold my water bottle. It's simple but it works so much better now! It's the simple things in life.... :)

      Delete
  2. Your water bottle holder sounds super cool! Please share pictures when you are finished. I try to sew, but I'm not very good at it. Maybe this summer, I should make a goal to practice more.

    Stephanie
    The Learning Chambers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie. Thanks for stopping by! I just took a few pictures of the "before" and "after" of my backpack. My creation is so simple but it's sure an improvement! Keep practicing sewing! It's super fun and a great life long skill.

      Delete
  3. I am soooo not crafty. I admire everyone who is able to be so creative. You definitely have to share a pic. Those water bottle holders sound cool.
    Victoria
    Educar con una Sonrisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Victoria! I posted some pics of my little sewing project. :)

      Delete
  4. I would have never thought of that! How crafty you are! Thanksgiving is almost here! I love this time of year and I'd love to see some of those recipes! Good to connect with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tasia, we cooked a small turkey in our Traeger BBQ this weekend as a trial run for Thanksgiving. The turkey brine recipe made the BEST tasting turkey I've ever made! Wow! The only thing I'm going to change for Thanksgiving is decrease the salt to maybe 1 cup. The recipe is here: Pioneer Woman's Turkey Brine Recipe

      Delete
  5. Excited to have found you through your comment on Angela's post! Now following:)

    Mary
    4th Works

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary! I'm happy to have found you, too! I'm you newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you were able to make a water bottle pouch. That is so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Heather!
    I'll be honest, I had a brief fan-girl moment when you left a message on my blog from Farley's link up... I have used your website a TON, so when I saw your name I knew exactly which teacher site belonged to you!! Thank you for organizing and sharing all the great resources you have created and gathered! :-)
    I am new to the Pacific Northwest and loving every second of the beautiful views!! Oregon looks fabulous!

    Real Teachers Learn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that's awesome that we've reconnected! It's that six degrees of separation that makes the world a smaller place. Thanks for leaving a comment. You made my day. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...