Pages

Saturday, October 3, 2015

My October​ Pinterest Pick 3 ~ A Fun Linky!

Hi friends!  I'm linking up with Inspired Owl's Corner for this fun Pinterest Linky sharing my favorite October Top 3 Pinterest picks.  For this linky, I focused my pins on fun ideas to use with students in grades 3 and 4.
I love this art idea!  It's just plain fun!  I love using black construction paper and bright chalks and so do students.  You can teach students how to draw whimsical roofs and swirly trees.  Add more Halloween details to the picture.  Then of course you'll have to do some writing about what's happening in the scene.  ;)  

This is another fun Halloween themed art project that uses a child's cursive handwriting as the skeleton's body.  Then of COURSE you'll need to weave some more writing and skeleton bones lessons.  These would make a great wall display, and for added fun, have students name their skeleton.  I'd name this skeleton "Bad to the Bone."  ;)

This blog uses the cursive skeleton idea but with a different twist!

This looks like a fun reading activity for upper grades! 

Check out other great Halloween pins here!


8 comments:

  1. Cute skeleton idea! Love the way the chalk looks on the black paper. That candy corn article would be great to give my ESOL para to do with her 3rd and 5th graders. Thanks for sharing!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the #2 Skeleton Cursive bodies (Cute)! The candy corn informational text would be a great addition to my candy corn unit! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! Thanks for stopping in!

      Delete
  3. I just love the chalk painting! Thanks for linking up and sharing such great ideas for October!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those art projects look like so much fun! I have to have them do those for sure! I love the idea of writing a story too. The skeletons look amazing as well! Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your pins! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! I try to weave writing in whenever and where ever I can!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...